Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
David Baddley independent film collection, 1980s
Overview of the Collection
- Baddley, David
- David Baddley independent film collection
- 1980s (inclusive)19801989
- 1 16mm film and 1 Mini-DV videocassette
- Collection Number
- The David Baddley independent film collection (1980s) consists of two experimental films Baddley made while studying at the University of Utah. David Baddley is a Salt Lake City based artist; he teaches at Westminster College. This collection is part of the Utah Independent Film Archive (UIFA).
University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; no use of original material, access copies will be made available for viewing. Five business days advanced notice required. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law, condition of the material, or by donor.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
David Baddley holds Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Fine Arts degrees from the University of Utah. His art focuses on action based land art and photography, but he has also worked with film, video, concept work and performance. Baddley has exhibited work in galleries worldwide, and his art and writings have appeared in publications including ArtWeek, Leica View and LensWork. A book of his photographs, Peace, was recently published by the Center for Documentary Arts. David Baddley is an associate professor of art at Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The David Baddley independent film collection (1980s) consists of two experimental films Baddley made while studying at the University of Utah. This collection is part of the Utah Independent Film Archive (UIFA).
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The materials are arranged by format type.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||2 films by David Baddley
Black and white
1. "Grass Bolex Plus-X Guitar," an experimental film composed of motion-blurred shots of grass with an electric guitar soundtrack. Originally shot on 16mm film. 2. "Relay," an experimental short about a person running. The film was shot from the point of view of the runner and was edited in-camera. Originally shot on Super 8mm film.
|2||"Grass Bolex Plus-X Guitar"
Black and white
An experimental film composed of motion-blurred shots of grass with an electric guitar soundtrack.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Independent filmmakers
- University of Utah
Form or Genre Terms
- Moving images